Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Gain real experience. Learn from the best. See how your work matters.
Our internships are designed to prepare you for your career journey, not a final destination. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a community committed to providing you with a safe environment to learn, grow and cultivate your skills. With our expansive learning resources, our well-respected leaders, and our carefully curated development courses, you will be equipped to confidently solve tomorrow's global issues. And, truthfully, our future relies on you. Your innovative minds, your intentional collaboration, and your sincere desire to nourish the world. Your work may be local, but at Cargill, your impact will be global. Join our community to cultivate your curiosity, develop meaningful relationships and propel your career.
Trading Data & Analytics Internship
Trading Data Analytics (TDA) is global team fueled by the fusion of many different disciplines and skillsets including agronomists, economists, statisticians, meteorologists, data scientists, and more. The team plays a central role in generating short--, medium--, and long--term market insights for Cargill’s global processing and trading businesses. The person in this role will build their knowledge of Cargill’s business and actively support the trading analytics efforts of the TDA team by working on one or more special projects. Potential projects include forecasting key components of agricultural commodity supply and demand or working with new alternative data sources to help create a trading signal. Expect exposure to several different areas of TDA team!
- Develop and support supply and demand forecasting models for different commodities that will provide Cargill with an analytical edge
- Understand basics of fundamental and quantitative analysis to analyze market pricing and data
- Make occasional crop survey tours and interact with industry specialists
Key Capabilities for Success:
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills, even when outcome is uncertain
- Comfortable taking and managing risks and challenging the status quo
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills; working in a team environment; coaching and developing others
- Essential leadership qualities of integrity, conviction and courage
- Motivated and driven to succeed
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work in a fast paced, price-volatile, changing environment
- Willing to relocate and accept challenging responsibilities
- With comprehensive learning resources at your disposal, you can take your learning in any direction.
- As employees, interns receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off for volunteer activities.
- Throughout the internship, interns and co-ops are invited to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns/co-ops and employees across the U.S.
- Internships are typically 12 weeks in duration.
- Interns are paid hourly for time worked.
- Interns are responsible for transportation to and from work.
- Interns may have the opportunity to travel during their term.
- Interns who demonstrate outstanding performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered an internship or full-time position to return the following year.
No matter who you are or where you are, we have resources to meet your needs. As an intern, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to support you and help you thrive. Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Paid time off
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Housing and Relocation Assistance for those that qualify
Your development is our priority. With our outstanding global network, you will establish relationships, acquire mentors, and build your professional contacts. Our program encourages and orchestrates networking opportunities that will benefit you now and in your future career. During the internship, you will also receive consistent support from university recruiting staff, mentors, colleagues, and your supervisor.
Our Vibrant Community:
At Cargill, you will be a part of our vibrant global community with a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and enhance our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
Asian Alliance Network, Cargill Young Professionals Network, Cargill Ability Network (iCAN), Cargill Ebony Council, Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW), Hispanic-Latino Council, Cargill Pride Network, Veterans & Military Support Network, and Cargill Women’s Network.
- Minneapolis, MN
- Office setting
Candidates who meet the required qualifications below and who are selected for a final-round interview will be asked to complete an assessment within 72 hours of the interview. Then selected finalists will be invited to interview at Cargill’s Corporate Headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota or virtually if needed.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Agronomy, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Business or a related field graduating between December 2023 and Summer 2024
- Candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate to Minneapolis, MN for an internship opportunity
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2023)
- Proven ability to work optimally with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Experience in Market Analytics
- Programming Skills like R, Python
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.