Maintenance Electrician - Cocoa & Chocolate
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Cargill’s Cocoa and Chocolate business counts with specialists at every stage in the production process – from farm to factory – we craft cocoa and chocolate products according to specific desires for a wide range of applications including confectionery, bakery, cereals, desserts, dry mixes, ice cream and dairy. Our world-class products and services have been developed through almost 50 years of experience in the industry. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Job type: Full time
Shift: 12 hours shift - 4 days ON & 4 days OFF
Sign on bonus: $5000
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
• Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial electrical work throughout the facility
• Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various electrical components and systems including low voltage automation systems and/or medium voltage motor control circuits
• Creating, installing, and troubleshooting wiring system layouts and circuit routing
• Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, electric tools, precision maintenance tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
• Interpreting and understanding electrical and mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
• Documenting completed work and the conditions found, utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
• Interacting regularly with external vendors, peers, and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote teamwork focused environment
• Operating mobile equipment such as forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
• Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
• Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
• Other duties as assigned
• Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 55lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without a reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
• Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
• Ability to work in confined spaces
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
• Minimum of one year of experience working with control voltages, and/or PID loop controls, and/or 120/277/480v
• Must have one of the following: Industrial Journeyman Electrician License, or Completion of an Electrical Apprenticeship program, or High school diploma with 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in electrical systems
• Experience with safe work practices, such as Pre-Job Hazard Analysis (PJHA), confined spaces, job task permitting, etc.
• Experience troubleshooting programming technologies, such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
• Experience with creating, installing, and troubleshooting wiring system layouts and circuit routing
• Experience working in a food production environment
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She saw a need for more women in leadership roles at her facility, so she stepped up to the challenge.Meet Selia
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.