Food Technologist II
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Technologist II is responsible for research, development, and application for different products in Cargill. This includes developing application solutions and optimizations as well as providing business and customer partnership. This role acts as a lead collaborator in application technologies for the business as well as for key and strategic customers.
- Performs research and development and application work in lab or pilot plants to understand the properties of products and systems as it relates to the subject of study and develops protocols for formulation.
- Establishes product specifications, and coordinates with engineering, plant operations, marketing and sales colleagues to ensure adequate resources are engaged to test and deliver technical findings.
- Conducts complex research that translates into marketable products, processes, systems and further develops existing technology.
- Supports commercial and technical teams to build strong customer relationships and gain market insights, seeking for new opportunities and stay current with scientific literature and the general food industry to enable business insights.
- Develops applications, sensory methods, or new analytical techniques, and maintains calibration in collaboration with Food Safety and Quality to ensure consistent processes and customer experiences.
- Conducts analysis and provides interpretation of trial results to internal stakeholders that are completed by self, team members and with minimal direction determines next steps.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, food technology, chemistry, chemical engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Sensory experience
- Master's degree in food science, food technology, chemistry, chemical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal, communication, prioritization, report writing and presentation skills. Including the ability to communicate technical and sensory details to wide array of people and project teams.
- Project management skills including planning (time and resources).
- Food manufacturing or application laboratory experience
- Experience in protocol development
- Experience with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated project leadership
- Relevant work experience in product or process technology.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.