Electro Mechanic Technician
Cargill Animal Nutrition is a global business that serves large-scale feed mill operators and retailers, as well as individual farmers. Our business has provided better nutrition for better lives for more than 120 years. By leading, innovating,and transforming the animal nutrition & health industry, we ensure that the customers we serve, the animals we feed, and the consumers who rely on that protein,thrive.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Job Type: Full Time
Shift(s) Available: 3rd Shift
Compensation: $25.00/hr starting wage with $1.00/hr shift differential. Based on experience level a higher starting wage is available.
Sign-On Bonus: $3,000.00
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
A Typical Work Day May Include:
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various electrical components and systems
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, electric tools, precision maintenance tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc
- Utilize maintenance trades and components such as welding, pipefitting, fabrication, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Interpreting and understanding electrical and mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Documenting completed work and the conditions found,utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Interacting regularly with external vendors, peers,and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Operating mobile equipment such as forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
- Minimum of one year of experience with industrial electrical knowledge and any mechanical maintenance trade
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience performing maintenance trades such as welding, pipefitting, fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearings, lubrication, pump and piping systems, or hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience working with control voltages,and/or PID loop controls, and/or 120/277/480v
- Experience with safe work practices, such as Pre-Job Hazard Analysis (PJHA), confined spaces, job task permitting, etc.
- Trade school certification or degree in an electrical and or mechanical field, or relevant military experience
- Experience troubleshooting programming technologies, such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Experience with precision maintenance, such as laser alignment and/or dial indication
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code.
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She discovered there are endless opportunities to take your career in new directions through a variety of roles and business units.Meet Elizabeth
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.