Trade Compliance Operations Analyst
Want to join the global powerhouse that’s building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in safe and responsible ways. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Join us to leverage new technologies, dynamic insights and 154 years of experience to serve our food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers.
The Trade Compliance Operations Analyst will perform fundamental activities using a basic level of trade compliance operations knowledge. Using critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, you'll collaborate with multiple business units to drive continuous improvement.
You'll work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
Validate and coordinate import and export transactional requirements that apply to documents and data in order to succesfully complete cross border transactions.
Execute trade compliance operations activities using team procedures and controls to meet the goals for value preservation and risk mitigation.
Execute Cross Border clearance, submit instructions to customs brokers for preparing import and export filings with customs and other government agencies in Latin America (customs, agriculture, economy, and other agencies).
Independently review or prepare documents to meet local and regional legal and fiscal requirements.
Manage client interaction and collaborate cross-functionally, internally and externally, to implement trade compliance operations solutions.
Execute trade compliance operations activities, maintaining partnerships, to meet global trade compliance goals.
Perform data (management, analysis and reporting) requirements to analyze risk trends based on audits, and monitor various metrics and reports for all Businesses in Latin America.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. Logistics, Administrative, Engineer, International Trade, commerce.
• Minimum two years of experience in customs import/export
• Deep Incoterms 2010 and 2020 knowledge
• Knowledge of international supply chain
• Demonstrated client/customer focus and strong relationship builder
• Experience managing compliance with free trade agreements in Latin America (USMCA, ALADI, CAFTA, Mercosur).
• Communicate effectivelyto influence across the organization and with external partners
• Results-driven performance
• Demostrated critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical skills; experience with managing scorecards/metrics.
• Experience managing SAP and Global Trade Services (GTS) systems.
• Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
• +2 years of trade compliance experience
• Fluent in English and Spanish
¨At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affil
iation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.¨
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.