Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Software Engineer will architect, design and develop new and existing digital solutions for the organization's digital portfolio. In this role, you will discover and deliver solutions to complex and varied problems to enable the company's digital future. You will bring order to ambiguous scenarios and apply in depth and broad knowledge of architectural, engineering and security practices to ensure your solutions are scalable, resilient and robust and will share knowledge on modern practices and technologies to the shared engineering community.
• Apply software engineering patterns and principles to design, develop, test, integrate, maintain, and troubleshoot complex and varied software solutions and incorporate security practices in newly developed and maintained applications.
• Develop trusted relationship with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Engineering teams and other stakeholders and actively participate in product planning and delivery
• Participate in peer code review sessions to review code, coach peers, and ensure code quality.
• Take the lead in the assigned agile team to adopt agile philosophies, facilitate agile ceremonies and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
• Incorporate the company's engineering and development best practices within the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, building processes, testing and security principles, to deliver high quality code rapidly.
• Collaborate to lead demos and continuous feedback sessions to improve development and help drive the long-term vision.
• Participate in the engineering community by maintaining and sharing relevant technical approaches and modern skills.
• Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in English
• Confirmed experience automating pipelines for continuous integration, testing, delivery, and security
• Confirmed experience architecting applications, databases, services, or integrations
• Minimum of four years of related work experience
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
• Experience with cloud technologies like Azure and AWS
• Experience working with SQL databases like Postgres, MySQL
• Application of sound software engineering principles like testing, decoupling, modularization
• Experience providing technical leadership to development teams
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.