Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Data Engineer will design, build and execute high-performance, data-centric solutions using the our comprehensive big data capabilities. We seek a professional who can build and optimize data products to bring data and analytics products and solutions to our businesses.
- Provide necessary technical support through all phases of testing and incident handling after deployment.
- Develop technical solutions using big data and cloud-based technologies.
- Configure and develop data pipelines to move and optimize data assets.
- Contribute to designing solutions for Cargill's big data and advanced analytics solutions aligned with requirements.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in at least one backend programming language such as Java, Python, C#, Golang.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Proven experience using SQL (stored procedures) or NoSQL, performance tuning.
- Understanding of Cloud Computing.
- Experience with Unix shell scripting.
- Experience in API development and/or ETL processes.
- Experience developing software using agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Strategic thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build trust and relationships and influencing others.
- Result orientation and ability to work in ambiguous situations where requirements are not clear.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing and/or analytical tools.
- Experience using any Hadoop Distribution, preferably Cloudera, to build solutions that deliver value through leveraging data as an asset.
- Experience in building batch and streaming data pipelines using Sqoop, Kafka and/or Spark.
- Experience working with various types of data sources such as SAP, JDE and other ERP systems.
"At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment."