Piglet Industry Leading Practitioner
Position Purpose & Summary
Young Animal Nutrition business represents a high percentage of our gross profit in swine. This position enables the European team to develop applied technical solutions with significant business impact.
The Piglet Industry Leading Practitioner is going to be the key representative, problem solver regarding our business in the key countries: Italy, Spain and Ukraine. The selected candidate will be in direct contact with sales and marketing teams and especially with customers to ensure our solutions are implemented accurately in the region.
This position is transversal and relies on the local and regional formulation teams to accomplish the required tasks. It involves customer contact to understand customer needs and follow up our proposed nutritional strategies. Problem solving skills at a customer level are required by demonstrating our resources within the swine regional team.
The incumbent will have development opportunities to continue growing within the European region.
50% Customer interaction and Business Results
- Visiting customers in cooperation with the commercial team to implement swine-specific technology and support in delivering upon the overall Europe gross margin target. We would like this role to spent relevant amount of time customer focused, working to deploy nutrition solutions to key swine clients as well as educating customers on particular offerings.
- Understanding customer needs, translating them into technology development opportunities and provide this input to the European and sales teams.
- Optimisation of nutritional requests, creating the best offerings from a nutritional and commercial perspective
- Taking ownership in work, keeping others and self accountable and being able to following through.
50% Technology Deployment and Communication and Team training, Alignment and Best practice sharing
- Ensure accurate consistency on product hierarchy, especially on European common offerings, interacting with pricing and marketing managers.
- Coordinating the detailed roll out of the technology (product, concept or service launches) developed according to the launch plans for the business in close partnership with other european departments. It requires strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Take active role in sharing standard methodologies across the technical and commercial teams. It requires visits to the main plants in Europe: Rotterdam, Crevin, Dalton, Naas, and Mequinenza.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing products and offerings.
- Help in design and coordination of trials in Europe
- Bachelor degree in Agronomy, Veterinary Science or Animal Nutrition (swine focus preferred)
- 10-year working experience on Swine (piglet focused preferred) and interest in animal nutrition and pig farming
- Expertise in Swine Farm management including bio security
- Written and verbal language skills in English
- Self-organized and independent worker
- Strong team player, flexible and pro-active
- Strict, practical and analytic
- Able to understand client’s and end-users targets and objectives, and the specific needs of the market
- Available for travelling (max 40% time). Driving licence required.
- Experience on customer facing activities
- Proficient verbal skills in Spanish or Italian
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today!
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/Cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.