Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Transportation and Logistics Coordinator will evaluate routine to difficult and varied distribution and transportation operations, data, and facilities to identify the most effective distribution and transportation patterns for products. In this role, you will conduct data management, reporting and analysis, shipping, client interaction, business partnership and people, resource.
- Analyze and project transportation costs, coordinating customs clearances and permits.
- Plan, control and implement processes related to materials and finished goods storage and movement.
- Perform data entry updates using spreadsheets and databases based on sales orders and contracts, interpret and analyze data and communicate results to more senior team members for further analysis.
- Evaluate, select and foster ongoing relationships with external transport providers.
- Use comprehensive knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry to make recommendations to establish good customer relations.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Position is based in Wichita, KS or Memphis, TN.
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Experience using programs such as: GT Nexus and/or ITAS.
- Able/willing to work Saturday as needed.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.