Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Merchant Specialist will contribute to cash trade game plans, execution, and risk management in the cash business. In this role, you will manage relationships and communications with internal and external stakeholders. In addition, you will manage and develop customer relationships, develop expertise around US cash values and differentiate between local trading rules and terms, and support the business in the managing the profit and loss results.
- Execute the US Cash gameplan working with gins, brokers, farmers and other suppliers in the supply chain. This is comprised of, but not limited to, recaps and forward contract business in US
- Execute game plans for US growths and qualities; maintain accurate trading data; facilitate delivery and payment; handle physical execution risk and quality risk following the trading strategy.
- Nurture strategic customer and supplier relationship and explore new opportunities in line with established trading strategy; continuously optimize process efficiency.
- Support trading view by the collection of insight from key stakeholders such as mill, warehouse, traders, suppliers and customers.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Confirmed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- One- or two-year physical cotton trading or operation experience.
Location: Memphis, Tennesse.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.