Supply Chain Planner - Crush & Oilseeds
At Cargill, we’re challenging the way the world sees agriculture. With more than 150 years of experience we are committed to feeding the world in a safe and responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Safety is our top priority and we are committed to creating a Zero harm Safety culture.
We have an exciting full-time permanent opportunity to join Cargill Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain (GOSC) team as a Supply Chain Planner for Crush & Oilseeds. Based in Melbourne and reporting to the Planning & Customer Manager, you will be primarily responsible for planning of canola seed and crush products whilst working closely with the trading, sales, operations and execution teams.
This is a key role planning end to end supply chain for the crush assets as well as the oilseeds trading books focusing on stock allocations, contract management, storage plans, freight, buying sites and execution plan to deliver least cost and efficient delivery of product to plants, customers and ports. High focus on maximizing blends and freight arbitrage ensuring least cost pathways to market are achieved.
Coming from a Commodities/Agriculture/Food industry background, you will be an excellent collaborator with a strong commercial business acumen, analytical and interpersonal skills, confident enough to question the status quo. Your background in Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) or Integrated Business Planning (IBP) will be well regarded.
The role needs a compelling communicator with an ability to forge strong business partnerships that will help drive innovation and business growth in a high risk and complex environment.
- Crush Product rolling execution plans are documented with weekly reviews take and address non-conformance
- Manage multiple P&L’s and ensure positive business outcomes for Cargill
- Ensuring strong communication and collaboration across all areas of the business to enable high quality decision making in the planning process;
- Building planning models for all relevant inputs and outputs for each functional business stream
- Stock allocations against contracts
- Provide assistance to ensure contracts are being managed and plans are being adhered too
- Provide support where required to ensure optimisation of Cargill’s storage, transport, shipping stem, Crush assets through agile and timely decision making when operational constraints dictate adjustments to plan are required
- Report and present information with analysis, and statistics
- Drive better commercial outcomes for Cargill by analysis and scenario modelling
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive. With a diverse and inclusive workplace culture and a global footprint, you will work with some of the best minds developing innovative programs and practices for a sustainable future. It’s an opportunity to learn, grow and engage in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe and allows you to develop your career. Learn more at www.cargill.com
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Logistics, Commerce or Economics
- Experience in agriculture/food/dry bulk commodity supply chains
- Proven Commercial business acumen
- Experience in S&OP or IBP, desirable
- Experience with Supply chain planning tools
- Exposure to forecast/demand planning systems
- High-level verbal and written communication skills along with problem-solving capability
- Competency in business information systems and Microsoft software applications
- Flexibility in work hours to include business requirements including after-hours calls
Explore how a Crush & Oilseeds Supply Chain Planner role at Cargill can help you propel your career and achieve your goals. Please ‘apply’ now for an exciting opportunity to join the team.
Applications close on Monday, 6 July 2020. Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are treated with complete confidentiality.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.