Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
At Cargill, safety is our top priority we have embedded a proactive safety culture that employees apply across all aspects of their lives.
Reporting to the Senior EHS Specialist you will provide your expertise to ensure compliance regarding environmental, health and safety regulations across our regional grain operations. We seek an EHS professional who will help develop, implement and maintain processes and support in audits, inspections and training. Partnering with the grain operations team you will act as a technical expert and develop, deploy and implement EHS policies and standards onsite. This is a hands-on role, providing front line support to teams and is best suited to talent with core knowledge and skills in operations, health and safety with an ability to identify EHS gaps, develop mitigation plans and to train staff to help us drive the ‘zero harm’ safety culture to the next level. You will possess the ability to build trust and respect with grain site teams to embed the EHS strategy and process.
Travel will be required as part of the role and your location can be flexible; with offices across Melbourne or Regional NSW.
Other Key Accountabilities
- Work closely with Businesses and Operations to define and review the EHS Plan against EHS needs – including escalation, maintenance and resolution of EHS issues
- Identify hazards within operations & business activities and develop action plans for significant EHS risks, hazards and opportunities.
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate approved control processes to reduce EHS risk in operations, contracted and outsourced services
- Create incident or nonconformity notifications and conduct investigations
- Coach and train staff to build their capability to improve and sustain EHS excellence
- Promote continuous improvement of EHS management system and implement records management and record retention processes
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications in Operational/Environmental, Health & Safety or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience of operating within a health and safety domain
- Demonstrated experience in implementing EHS programs within an operations environment
- Experience of manufacturing or supply chain safety processes
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to coach, influence and train staff to build EHS capability and meet required standards
- Competent in Microsoft Office packages
- Flexible to accommodate 50% travel in the role
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.