Position Purpose & Summary:
Cargill Risk Management, a business unit of Cargill is a pioneer and leader in providing risk management solutions. At its core, our business is about working with customers to understand their commodity price risk exposures and structure risk management (over-the-counter) products to meet their needs. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Cargill Risk Management has offices in 11 countries.
The Director role is designed to increase the origination effectiveness, efficiency, and results of the inside and outside sales teams across the organization. The Director works with regional management and sales teams to implement product line strategies, increase sales team technical competency, and identify local market opportunities. In addition, the Director shares relevant market information, product strategies, and customer insights with peers across the business for adoption in other geographies. Market opportunities are communicated to product line management for possible new product development consideration. This role also provides effective input and feedback on constructive sales tools, promotions, and other tactics to engage customers and the sales team.
We are looking for a motivated salesperson to cover both Australia and New Zealand from Melbourne and traveling extensively across the region to develop and maintain relationships. The salesperson advises and implement hedging solution on agricultural commodities. A strong knowledge in financial derivatives on agricultural or energy commodities is required. Knowledge of trade finance is a plus. This person will need to have a deep understanding of the region.
Cargill Risk Management is a dynamic environment that affords the right individual the opportunity to develop new relationships and to build on existing relationships, including internal partnerships with other CRM product lines and Cargill businesses.
35% - Revenue Activity - PERFORMANCE & RESULTS:
- Oversees execution of tactical marketing/sales planning strategies and approach as it relates to products, market segmentation, pricing and channels to deliver on the individual and team’s revenue targets.
- Originate business opportunities through embedding CRM products into Cargill’s physical flows into or export out of the region.
- Leverage its deep understanding of the markets in which the salesperson operates and knows what is required to successfully operate in the respective market/country/industry/segment.
- Understands value proposition beyond pricing as well as competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Partners with cross-functional stakeholders like physical merchants and trade finance group to provide direct input and support to the product line strategy, to support the innovation pipeline, and to ensure a constant stream of new products/services aimed at adding value to the product line portfolio.
25% - Customer Interaction - BUILD, DEVELOP & MAINTAIN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS:
- Continuously builds and develops relationships with external/internal customers.
- Directly or indirectly maintains and pursues relationships with high level strategic customers and collaborates closely with senior level leadership to support the development of deep customer relationships.
20% - New Business:
- Responsible for lead generation, prospecting & onboarding of new customers, as well as cross-selling and growing wallet share. Knowledge of ISDA and KYC requirements.
- Leverages and possess deeper industry/market intelligence and collaborates cross-functionally to identify and to inform emerging industry trends, business opportunities, and potential value creation
15% - Sales Effectiveness & Compliance:
- Customer profitability, active funnel management to track metrics and activities and gather key insights,
- Oversee compliance policies & procedures for self and proactively partners with Compliance team
- Responsible for executing the sales/account planning process.
- Identifies and develops the key customers and segments, understands capabilities, and oversees executions of sales plans and goals.
- Leads in defining the competitive landscape for the respective market.
- Identifies and prioritizes product growth and new product opportunities and services through customer feedback insights, customer needs, and business capabilities.
- Ensures and closely monitors that existing business is managed proactively to mitigate risks, and to identify growth opportunities and to increase margin contribution.
5% - Administration:
- May get involved in quoting activity for self and other members of the sales team. Includes reviewing, confirming trades and managing phone traffic.
- Creating and updating customer presentations, working closely with salesforce.com and additional sales systems, trade proofing, contacting customers regarding trading, expirations, settlements, margining and collateral.
Required Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of customer-facing experience marketing derivatives, including exotic instruments, across multiple commodities in Australia.
- A minimum of 5 years working knowledge of Agriculture markets and ability to understand the financial implications of market movements.
- Experience in sales, agriculture, business, trade finance or experience serving agriculture-based customers. Energy experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success in teaching / communicating complex concepts, products, and information
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Knowledge of futures and options markets, and trading strategies.
- Team player and customer oriented with high standards of professionalism with external & internal customers
- Strong business acumen and ability to build relationships with multiple levels within an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable working with people from different countries and cultures
- Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Related Field
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in commodities trading, merchandising, trade finance
- Advanced degree in Finance, Economics or other technical areas.
- Strong presentation skills and persuasiveness.
- Strong math skills, problem solving skills & attention to detail
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.