Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
As in-house lawyer you will be part of a team based in Mechelen, Belgium. You will independently handle legal affairs in the areas of commercial, corporate and labor and employment with minimal oversight from other lawyers. We seek a professional who will provide legal advice and recommend action to executives and management regarding more complex matters or of a sizable financial impact.
You will be interacting with people at all levels of the organization as well as with other members of the legal team and external contacts, you will handle complex legal work in the areas of commercial, corporate and labor and employment.
You will monitor new Belgian legislation and in general identify legal risks and provide practical, solutions-oriented advice to enable proper monitoring, management or mitigation of risks.
You will independently structure, draft, review and negotiate contracts, policies and other documents related to a variety of commercial, employment, financial or operational matters.
You will be responsible for corporate housekeeping matters with respect to the Belgian legal entities.
You will join an experienced legal team and you will report to the Lead Lawyer Belgium.
- Qualified Belgian lawyer with a Master´s degree in Law, with possibly an additional specialization in corporate and/or employment law.
- A good legal command of Belgian labor and employment law, as well as Belgian commercial and corporate law is required. Experience in European competition law is an asset.
- Minimum of six years of relevant work experience, ideally gained in a renowned company and/or international law practice.
- Excellent (written and spoken) knowledge of English, as well as Dutch and French with good communication and listening skills;
- Commercial, pragmatic; proactive and business-oriented mindset;
- Strong analytical and writing skills, able to identify and correctly qualify legal issues and able to provide appropriate solutions and value-added advice taking into account the relevant business context with the highest standards of quality, ethics and commitment ;
- Dynamic, self-confident, and able to work on multiple projects at the same time with an ability to prioritize and demonstrate flexibility and agility.
- Eager to learn and entrepreneurial with an internationally oriented and open minded spirit that values diversity;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Ability to work under deadlines, in a fast-paced environment;
- Willingness to travel if necessary.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.