Customer Service Representative
- Efficient administration of customer orders and customer SC related administration requests.
- Ensuring customer’s satisfaction through high quality service.
- Regular contact with customers to gather relevant business information.
- Accurate demand forecasting of demand data and make recommendations for process improvements
- Cargill Business Rules implementation and follow up (jointly with Commercial).
- Customer complaint registration and supporting investigation of CSD related incidents.
- Creating and maintaining customer information in ERP system.
- Function as back-up for other Customer Service Representatives.
- Prepared to be on-call in a rotation system, supporting customer emergency out of office hours - as per business requirements
- May participate in and provide support to improvement projects and commitments requiring a basic understanding of customer service practices and procedures
- Applies a basic understanding of customer service practices and procedures to identify areas of improvement and cost management deficiencies to better equip team with efficient customer service techniques and tools/systems.
- Solves day-to-day problems by executing a moderate scale of customer service activities with direct oversight.
- Assists in creating less complex internal/external benchmark reports and activities, and provides support and input into the organizational roadmap.
- With direct oversight, may monitor and track demand consumption verses contract, forecast and/or standard order lead-time.
- Sales and order processing, scheduling, amendments and cancellations
- Providing timely answers to customer inquiries about order status, invoices, contract balances and other information.
- Creation of credit/debit notes for customers/clients
- Customer complaints and follow-up
- Issues involving invoices or payments
- PO settlements for 3rd party activities, purchased products, supplies and packaging
- Creating contract templates.
- Monitoring order patterns, pro-active calling customers, anticipation rather than accepting demand.
- Taking care of all customer administration requests if order processing related.
- Handling of consignment stocks.
- Administration of 'own weight customer‘ deliveries.
- Stock control EDI customer - order entry.
- Execution of customer/product allocations in times of shortage and communication to customers on these.
- Timely provision of information to credit control to resolve invoice and payment queries.
- Resolution of back log issues within the scope defined for CSD.
- Understanding customer requirements, needs and expectations, with regards to logistics and work according to that.
- Accurately maintaining of customer database and logistical information (logistics, product, invoicing, service requirements, permits, etc.).
- Administration of product imports that are used for further processing
- Actively being involved in emergency duty schedule (as per business needs) acc. to the legal rules per region.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Uses developing knowledge of customer service practices and procedures to execute customer service strategies
- With direct oversight, may provide input to the development of demand planning strategies.
- Executes customer account plans.
- With direct oversight, informs customers about order status, invoices, contract balances and other less complex information needed to complete the sale.
- Coordinates with supply chain planning, plant operations, finance, logistics and sales departments to fulfill less complex orders, resolve any scheduling challenges, and sustain key supply chain model inputs. Escalates complex conditions to more senior members of the team or manager.
- Collaborates with peers in other BUs and/or externally (i.e. customers).
- Applies an understanding of customer service practices and procedures by executing the customer complaint process. For example:
- Complaint registrations in system
- Communication back to customer and sales
- Closing of complaint to satisfaction
- Utilizes communication and language skills to complete a moderate scale of customer service activities.
- With direct oversight, interfaces with customers through regular reviews and projects to ensure an understanding the customers’ requirements and expectations. For example:
- Ensuring understanding by customers forecasting process needs, cooperation with customers on providing their demand plans.
- Basing on customer knowledge, demand plans, as well as historical information and contracts and shipments analysis providing input to forecasting collection tool on 12 months rolling forecast of customer sales volumes.
- Providing feedback to customers on accuracy of their plans.
- Ensuring understanding by customers of Cargill Business Rules.
- Applying Business Rules and providing feedback to customers on performance against Business Rules.
- Supports the evaluation and recommendation of common work processes.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating tools/systems and relationships that supports accurate customer demand forecast, as well as other databases within the business related to shipments and inventory management items.
- With some oversight, conducts ad hoc analysis and reports. For example: forecasting customer orders, incidents, service level agreements, etc.
- With limited oversight, receives, processes and routes customer orders into the order systems.
- Secondary level education (HBO level)
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Preferably 2 years experience in Customer Service or related areas
- Customer focused
- Advanced understanding on tools & systems supporting CSD processes (e.g. JDE One World, SAP)
- PC literate (e.g. MS Office Suite)
- Good understanding of product applications at customers
- Understanding of overall Supply Chain processes
- Good communication skills (Cargill’s face to the customer)
- System literate (Samis Report Generator, InfoESM; MS Office Access-Excel etc…)
- Team player
- Calm and polite in emergency situations
- Constructive and creative thinking (e.g. in problem solving)
- Proactive (e.g. for customer information gathering)
- Accurate, eye for details
- Fluent in local language (Dutch)
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.