Corporate Development/ M & A Senior Associate
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
As a Corporate Development Senior Associate, you work on corporate development projects (including acquisitions, divestitures, joint-ventures, investments) across Cargill's broad array of businesses in the Europe Middle East and Africa region and globally. You think about how to manage the risks and leverage the opportunities presented by the biggest global issues facing the world today – from food security, food safety, and sustainability to global trade flows and new technologies and business models. You work directly and frequently alongside Cargill’s senior executives and you have the opportunity to contribute to and lead high-performing project teams, hone advanced financial and corporate development knowledge and general management skills, and develop a network with colleagues from operations, finance, trading, and sales.
- You drive day-to-day best in class execution of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) projects including but not limited to financial analysis, valuation, due-diligence, marketing, structuring, documentation and process management.
- You ensure rigorous transaction analysis (including but not limited to valuation) are delivered.
- You manage transaction timelines.
- You coordinate with all stakeholders to ensure an efficient process and alignment on key decisions.
- You review and provide input on transaction documentation.
- You coordinate preparation of high quality internal (investment committee presentations, board materials, etc.) and external transaction materials (teaser, information memorandums, etc.)
- You prepare transaction review materials for Cargill's investment committee or board of directors.
- You work with the Corporate Development extended leadership team to develop the Corporate Development practice
- At least 5 years of prior experience in M&A in an investment bank, private equity or a corporate development function of a multi-national corporation
- Track record of M&A deal executions with demonstrated technical skills including solid background of financial, structuring, due diligence and legal documentation aspects of transactions
- Results driven and ability to take ownership while holding self and others accountable
- Ability to think strategically and understand the mechanics and tactics around deal making
- Strong team player and an ability to lead teams across diverse backgrounds and ability to work with other teams across functions and businesses on deals
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Full fluency (read/write/speak) in a major European language is preferred but not required
- Ability to travel (mostly regionally)
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.