Commercial Management Trainee - Commercial Excellence Sales
Launch your career engaging in meaningful work!
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with food. We combine our experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. We offer a diverse, inclusive and inspiring working environment where you will grow personally and professionally.
What is the Commercial Management Trainee Program about?
We strive to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our sales function at Cargill. The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of interest:
- Supporting FIBI Shared Sales commercial teams.
- Performing activities related to sales increase working in close collaboration with account managers as well as market managers.
- Maintaining relationships with assigned customers assisting them. Negotiating with customers on products, terms and prices.
- Learning on market segments and trends to become a trusted advisor across different European markets to both colleagues within and outside the business and to customers.
- Exploring new business opportunities and defining and developing sales strategies for selected accounts and identifying profitable solutions.
- Representing Cargill and coordinating customer visits, trade fairs and industry events.
- Learning from professionals, developing technical and soft skills and being mentored by your manager and peers.
- Joining the business at the time of the commercial transformation. Shift focus towards new objectives and projects, use the opportunity to stretch yourself.
- Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
- Building a peer network across Cargill.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED)
- A completed Master degree in Business Studies: Business Management / Administration, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Economics, Finance or related.
- Work or internship experience in relevant areas (up to 2 years)
- Fluency in English. Any other European languages will be considered an advantage.
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
- Confirmed natural leadership and interpersonal, communication and selling skills.
- Ability to partner and work in a multi-cultural and multi-functional teams.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take ownership and initiative. Experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Fast learner and oriented to self-development: curiosity to learn and create new way of building and/or improving systems and processes.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel in case required.
We will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will challenge and stretch you. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world!
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill is also aligned with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.