Grain Sales Representative
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Grain Sailes Representative will, with guidance, sell directly to the consumer or business purchaser or indirectly through various sales channels. We seek a results-oriented professional who is comfortable conducting face-to-face and remote sales with new and existing customers. In this role, you will assist in evaluating customer needs and suggesting appropriate products, services and solutions.
- Help identify potential customers and handle existing customer relationships.
- With guidance conduct market research and pricing, sales and merchandising activities.
- Monitor customer and competitor activity and industry trends.
- Protect, grow and diversify the relationship with targeted customers.
- Support business growth by disseminating favorable information about the organization and its products and services.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related ag work experience
- Possess a valid Canadian Driver’s Licence in good standing
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Knowledge of grain and crop input operations and products
- Past sales or buying experience
- CCA certification or ability to get one
- Experience using customer relationship management software
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.