Processing Team Member II - FEL
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Location: Mason City, IA
Job Type: Full Time
Shift(s) Available: 2nd
Compensation: $20.50 /hr
Sign-On Bonus: $3,000.00
- $1.00 shift differential for 2nd shift
- 3 tiered Medical plans
- Dental insurance and vision insurance
- Employer funded tax-free accounts to help pay for health care expenses
- A local incentive program is paid bi-annually
- 401K + matching program
- Paid Time Off, holidays
- Variety of wellness incentives.
- Accountable for the production of food safe product in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Start up and shut down of a production line, making mechanical adjustments, and troubleshooting equipment. Ensuring all production paperwork is completed. Responsible for containing and proactively addressing potential problems that may arise in an effort to limit disruptions to production.
- Ensuring all processing steps have been completed and a quality product is delivered to the customer (all food handling tasks were completed properly; i.e. proper packaging, weights are in acceptable range) including assisting others as needed.
- Performs cleaning procedures, tear down and set up, clean in-place processes, preventative maintenance, making mechanical adjustments / troubleshooting equipment. Responsible for containing and proactively addressing potential problems that may arise in an effort to limit disruptions to production. Includes ensuring all production paperwork is completed.
- Maintain adherence to all Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- This position shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s). This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions. Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP/OPRP/PRP (GMP) policies and requirements to complete all monitoring and/or verifications tasks as outlined by Food Safety Management
- All job duties may be revised by the supervisor when necessary to accommodate business needs. The descriptions are general guidelines of expectations but may not include all responsibilities of the position.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a plant job
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have basic math skills (Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Must be willing to work in hot, cold, and wet environments
- Availability to work outside of normal shift up to including weekend and off shift hours as needed
- Ability to lift frequently
- Must be willing to work with food safe chemicals
- Ability to work with heights
- Previous food service, and/or production experience
- Consistent work history in the last 12 months
- Dependable and punctual
- Sanitation experience
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate them. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status. Employees may be required to wear masks, depending on requirements of the business and public health requirements based on the spread of COVID in the community.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.