Technical Management Trainee
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Launch your career engaging in meaningful work!
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with food. We combine our experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. We offer a diverse, inclusive and inspiring working environment where you will grow personally and professionally.
Location: Martorell, Spain
What is the Technical Management Trainee Program about?
We aim to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our technical and food science function at Cargill. The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of expertise:
- Leading or participating in continuous improvement projects in an operations environment, having interaction with finance, maintenance and reliability, manufacturing technology, engineering, safety and quality.
- Participating actively in the safety and food safety in our operations.
- Learning on the job with experts, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
- Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
- Building a peer network across Cargill.
After the initial period of onboarding, the trainee will join the manufacturing area working closely with the production manager who will also be the mentor throughout the whole traineeship. After that the Trainee will start working in shifts spending 3 months in wet mill team and 3 months in refinery. The final phase of the traineeship will be dedicated to projects, mainly in manufacturing technology and CI.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED
• A completed Master degree in Engineering (Chemical / Biochemical, Agricultural or Food Science, Environmental Health & Safety, Process Engineering / Technology, etc.)
• Entry level work experience (up to 2 years) and / or internship in relevant areas.
• Fluency in English and Spanish, Catalan is a plus.
• Interest in Continuous Improvement topics.
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
• Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Demonstrated experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
• Fast learner and oriented to self-development: curiosity to learn and create new way of building and/or improving systems and processes
• Proven natural leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-functional teams.
• High integrity and ethical standards.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
• Flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company.
• Willingness and flexibility to travel in case required.
The successful candidates will be invited to complete an initial video interview (please, expect to receive an e-mail with the subject “Modern Hire Invitation”). After that the shortlisted candidates will have a 1h video interview with the hiring manager followed by the final face-to-face meeting in Martorell with the operational team & a plant manager.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She discovered there are endless opportunities to take your career in new directions through a variety of roles and business units.Meet Elizabeth
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.