Build Project Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
Project Engineer will be part of Martorell Engineering local team.
The Project Engineer will oversee engineering and technical projects, including management of personnel, budget, and scheduling to deliver a successful project outcome, including safety and risk mitigation plans. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders across all areas of the project to interpret the needs, expectations, and limitations of each, and bring them together with the aim of successful project deliveries.
- Prepare and execute on strategies and project plans for engineering and technical projects, including participating in define technical solution, monitoring progress, resolving issues, budgets, coordinating schedules, status reporting and all tasks associated with the project and coordinate the operational aspects of assigned projects.
- Develop project schedules by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements and sequencing project elements.
- Review status of projects and budgets, coordinate schedules, and prepare status reports and recommend appropriate actions.
- Lead the project team and the work of contractors.
- Collaborate with regional domain leads for domain specific expertise support in build projects.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced level of Spanish and English both verbal and writing.
- Master's degree in Industrial Mechanical, Chemical, Energy Engineering
- Knowledge of the environmental health and safety standards and international standards and codes related to engineering and technical projects
- Engineering and management software knowledge
- Experience leading third party resources to deliver business results
- 5 years of related work experience
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She discovered there are endless opportunities to take your career in new directions through a variety of roles and business units.Meet Elizabeth
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.