Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job location(s): Manchester (M17 1PA) or Liverpool (L3 1BG)
Position is temporary (6-12 Month Contract)
The Management Accountant is responsible to provide timely and relevant financial reports, ensuring information from different sources (Cargill Business Services, Tax, Treasury, Financial Risk Management, Management Information & Decision Support and other functions) is available, consolidated and understood. The position holder is accountable for financial statement assurance, working closely with stakeholders to provide a small to medium sized controllers review package (CRP) a rigorous, analytical financial statement review. The Management Accountant will work with a small team of other specialists.
- Responsible for the preparation of regular monthly reports of Corporate Finance, Statutory purposes and local management reporting
- Accountability for the outcomes of all accounting and financial reporting activities for a controller’s review package (CRP)
- Manage the Annual Statutory Audit
- Monitor relevance and accuracy of the different sources of information
- Manage the monthly closing of the General Ledger ensuring the financial data accuracy
- Monthly Forecasting and yearly budget preparation
- Review of Balance Sheet Accounts reconciliation
- Manage the Intercompany accounting and asset accounting
- Accountable for US GAAP reporting for the relevant business
- To be a business partner, closely cooperating with commercial, supply chain and other business and project managers to understand the local business challenges and strategies
- Ensure segregation of duties, robust controls and compliance with Cargill policies and procedures
- Respond to any financial questions or concerns from general management, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting & Finance, regional or global teams by explaining data related to local business reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or qualified through ACMA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Proven experience with reporting to US GAAP standards
- Experience in Record to report (RTR) process improvement experience
- Experience in working with finance shared service centers for RTR related work
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding and experience working with SAP, strong MS Office and Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups, graphs)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in fluent English
- Experience with Activity Based Costing
- Experience with variance analysis statistical tools
- Understanding of transfer pricing mechanisms
- Understanding and experience working with JDE
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.