Logistics /Customs Coordinator
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The prime purpose of this position is to support the Production team on site by ensuring the availability of necessary processing aids to maintain plant production and supply to customers. This will be achieved through following procedures that ensure stock controls, stock rotation and reorder levels are optimised in a sustainable way.
The position based in Manchester and 12 month temporary contract with a possibility to extend
- Apply detailed knowledge of department operations and infrastructure, policies and procedures to perform moderately complex administrative processes.
- Follow prescribed work flows.
- Solicit, collect and organize documentation and data, performing moderately complex data entry into one or more systems.
- Handle administrative, technical and supplier issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Main tasks including but not limited to:
- End to end ordering of processing aids based on current stocks and usage forecasts
- Interaction with Import Broker
- Completion and adminsitration of documentation relating to orders e.g UK Import Clearance Form
- Supports the site unit and provides documentation and information requirements to facilitate routine cross border shipments.
- Prioritize and complete work according to client’s needs, customs requirements and standards.
- Accurate and timely customs processing for various types of shipments.
- Completing files in required time frame and in accordance with Customs' policies and procedures.
- Communicate with carriers, suppliers, and agencies for the required documents including customs invoices, and any other declarations required by the import regulations
- Management of certificates of analysis for processing aids
- Management of open purchase orders inculding supplier follow up
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Relevant work experience in this field
- Computerised Maintenance Management System/ Enterprise resource Planning
- Effective time management skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Working knowledge of CMMS/ERP system e.g. Maximo, JDE, SAP
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to organise, co-ordinate and accomplish multiple tasks independently
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more: https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.