Quality Control Specialist (Makassar based)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Quality Control Specialist will handle the fulfillment of cocoa bean sample. In this role, you will be encouraged to provide quality sample analysis result, provide product related documentation and communicate the status of sample requests to stakeholders.
- Analytical testing, entering data into databases in support of the quality management and operational teams.
- Support trials and experiments under the direction of more senior team members.
- Perform calibration checks of lab equipment and preventative maintenance tasks
- Assists in checking and monitoring analytical instrumentation performance.
- Maintain the food safety management system, micro preparation and cleaning of lab areas.
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or related field
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and agile.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.