Sales Account Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible, and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Senior Sales Account Manager (Protein) will support Cargill Protein’s Distribution business across all channels with primary focus on Retail, Foodservice, and Processors within the Southern California, Vegas, and Arizona territories. We seek a seasoned professional who will handle our critical or complex products that require excellent client relationship skills to maintain competitive positioning.
- Develop a plan to establish and maintain account relationships and meet personal sales targets.
- Build a business plan for each account.
- Coordinate use of resources (e. g., technical, advertising) to provide value-added services to accounts.
- Develop strong client relationships that provide significant input to planning product, price and service strategies.
- Support supervisor and other sales professionals in developing new market opportunities in the designated territory or market.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Proficient in the use of basic business software (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience within the protein industry (Beef, pork or poultry)
- Experience with SAP & Power BI
- Strong negotiation and selling skills and experience
- Bilingual: Spanish, Korean or Vietnamese.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.