Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
LOCATION: London / Weybridge (UK) or work from home (UK/EU)
Cargill Metals Supply Chain (CMSC) works with customers in the global trading and distribution of Iron Ore and Steel products. From its offices worldwide, it serves miners, mills, processors, traders and end users.
The steel industry is going through a period of disruptive change. Ever increasing complexity, global overcapacity in steel and iron ore, extreme volatility in both raw materials and steel prices are just some of the challenges reshaping the industry and creating opportunities for CMSC to play a major role in the industry’s evolution.
We have a strong conviction that there is a lot of un-monetized value within the ferrous industry and we believe that we can help our customers to unlock this value by partnering with us to create tailored solutions to help them succeed.
The European Senior Marketing role is responsible for increasing our existing physical footprint in Europe for Hot Rolled Coil (HRC) via the following means:
- Developing key relationships with Steel Mills, Processing Centers, Distributors, and End Users
- Developing customers suitable for tailored risk management solutions
- Engaging and ultimately transacting with EU steel mills for the purpose of purchasing HRC from the EU steel mill
- Maintaining Key Relationships and Business Partnerships throughout the Steel Supply Chain
- Proven experience in Metals/ Iron ore sales, procurement, merchandising / trading / supply chain from Steel Mill, Steel Trader, or Steel End User
- Demonstrated analysis and negotiation skills to convey a clear proposition of what Cargill can offer to our customers
- Personality and gravitas to build collaborative internal and external business relationships
- Make sense of complex data and information to effectively solve problems
- Willingness to travel (up to 60-70% in Europe)
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://www.cargill.com/careers/global-inclusion-and-diversity
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.