General Operator- Full Time - Ingersoll, ON
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
This is a full-time position located in Ingersoll, Ontario. Please note you may receive calls from a 204 area code if you are considered for the position. Note: This position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Protein Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein Ingersoll Cargill is a large and reputable food company with operations around the world. Cargill Protein Ingersoll operates a further processing plant in Ingersoll, Ontario. The processing plant employs approximately 60 employees and produces chicken products for the restaurant market.
These full-time permanent Machine Operator or Lead Hand positions on days or afternoons start at $22.00/hr + a $1.00 premium and include benefits and pension (after 90 calendar days)
The Machine Operator and the Lead Hand Role have an important role to play in the daily operations of our facility. There are a variety of roles and responsibilities within this title. The day to day Machine Operator role can include preparing raw product, grinding, forming, and packaging finished product. In this role you will be responsible for making sure we have quality product that is made to customer specifications and requirements.
While performing these duties, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or cold conditions with slippery surfaces at varied heights; moving mechanical parts; fast paced, temperature controlled environments. Positions require standing the entire shift, the use of stairs, potential heavy lifting, and repetitive motion.
- Execute day-to-day activities including, but not limited to, cutting, packaging, picking, sorting & moving product;
- Act in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures including any applicable reporting and paperwork required
- Ensure that production outcomes and quality fulfill customer specifications;
- Set-up, program, calibrate, and operate production machinery as per the JTP
- Perform quality checks on product produced by the machine when applicable
- Complete minor preventative maintenance tasks
- Optimize equipment performance to meet and exceed standards
- Be open to change and constant improvement of processes
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making
- Ability to work in a cold environment (0-4 Celcius);
- Weight handling from 20lbs. up to 60lbs;
- Comfortable working with raw chicken
- Must be able to stand on your feet for 8 hours and complete physically repetitive labour in a fast paced environment;
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school diploma
- Food processing production experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Set-up/operation of production machinery
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.