Environmental Health and Safety Co-op 2021
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 16 to 32 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
As an environmental, health and safety management intern, you will gain exposure to the development and implementation elements of our overall safety and/or environmental management systems that satisfy both internal and external requirements. You will be exposed to evaluation of trends, root cause analysis, the development/implementation of basic safety/ergonomics/EHS/environmental programs, departmental safety meetings, compliance activities and corporate responsibility activities. You may interact with all levels of employees from production workers to top location and business leadership.
This role involves physical activity in agricultural, food and feed processing environments, which generally requires a moderate amount of exertion on a fairly regular basis–involving bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, working on irregular surfaces, occasional lifting of objects weighing more than 50 pounds and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds. The work may also involve other exertions, conditions or exposures (e.g. heat, cold, dust).
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to co-ops who qualify (based on mileage)
- Internships are paid and are at least 16 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
- London, ON
- Plant setting
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Kinesiology, Ergonomics, Human Factors or similar discipline.
- Willingness to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the Canada.
- Able to complete an 8-month co-op January 2021 - August 2021
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Focus on Kinesiology/Ergonomics
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With more than 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.