Engineering Placement Student
- Comprehensive induction to Cargill including full safety training
- Spend time working on-shift to learn our processes and support site production management
- Play an active part in running our process and supporting our business
- Support and lead small continuous improvement processes, delivering improvements around safety, food safety, product yield and process efficiency
- Be given direct responsibility for capital projects, including the design, installation and commissioning to help develop project management skills and responsibility for a future career
- Learn soft skills that will be transferable in your future career
- Gain an excellent working knowledge of unit operations learnt at university with hands on practical experience
- Develop the ability to work with a variety of different colleagues in our operations i.e. operators, supervisors, supply chain and finance
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in citizenship activities within our local communities.
- Currently studying for an undergraduate Engineering Degree (BEng. or MEng.) with an expected grade of 2:2 or above
- Preferred Subjects: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemical & Process Engineering, Food Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Automation & Control Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Engineering students that are able to take responsibility, want to gain hands on experience, and are curious and passionate to learn as well as being a strong communicator
- Good technical understanding of a process environment
- A strong interest in our business, our industry and in particular the position you have applied for
- Search www.cargill.com/careers using job number LIV00450 and upload your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the placement scheme
If you are experiencing any issues with your application, please contact email@example.com for further assistance
- The next stage of our recruitment process is a video screening to assess and rate your responses to a series of pre-recorded online questions. If you are successful at the video screening stage then you will be invited to participate in an assessment centre at one of our facilities
- You will then be invited to some online testing
- The assessment consists of a range of activities. You will have the opportunity to go on a site tour, learn about the unit operations and meet current placement students. If you need any reasonable adjustments or additional arrangements to support your application please let us know
- We will give due consideration if you have a preferred location and we will meet your requests where possible, but we do expect placement students to be flexible in their location and to be prepared to be placed out of any of the production facilities
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.