Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
The purpose of this role is to support the environmental, health, and safety efforts of the Cargill UK Oil Seed Crush and Refinery in Liverpool. This manufacturing site, processes Rapseed to produce refined vegetable oils, allowing our customers in food manufacturing, retail, catering and food services to create a wide range of tasty nutritious food products.
The position holder will motivate, inspire and engage others to work towards common safety practices and help to measure key EHS goals. The role will also support major projects and engineering work. The position holder will report to the EHS Supervisor and closely support the Plant Manager.
Join us in our efforts to maintain a zero-harm culture across Cargill.
- In close co-operation with the UK EHS Managment, execute the action plan for EHS improvement, providing information to internal and external stakeholders
- Implement and maintain all UK legal and Cargill policies related to EHS and promote a culture of good EHS practice
- On a day to day basis, provide leadership and supervision for common EHS issues and concerns
- Identify trends, isolate root causes and support processes to ensure follow up actions are taken in a timely manner
- In the event of an accident / incident, facilitate investigations using techniques such as Root Cause Analysis and 5Why’s
- Support the planning, preparation and execution of scheduled plant maintenance shutdowns and projects
- Compile information and data from the EHS systems and ensure this is accurate and relevant
- Lead risk assessments including Serious Injury and Fatality potential assessments
- Create and update training materials and deliver these for new Cargill and contractor staff
- Develop and lead Safety Campaigns and Safety Days, ensuring an engaged and educated workforce
- Maintain an effective EHS management and SharePoint system
- A degree in EHS Management, or a related discipline – IOSH/ NEBOSH
- Experience in an industrial production environment (Food/ Chemicals/ Heavy Manufacturing) applying EHS knowledge
- Working knowledge of EHS legal requirements within the UK
- Behavioural Based safety experience
- Experience with 14001 or OSHAS 18001, auditing to ISO standards
- Experience conducting risk assessments and accident/ incident investigation
- IT skills including the regular use of all Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to challenge constructively, collaborate and coach at all levels of the business
- Able to engage colleagues on EHS topics
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview and site tour will also be needed.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.