Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Microbiology Technician will complete routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. We are looking for a hardworking person who will perform routine analysis of product testing, being responsible for checking and monitoring instrumentation performance and conducting tests for which we are going to provide intermediate supervision. In this role, you will document results into databases and/or communication test results.
- Sample set-up including preparation of culture media, decontamination of wastes and performing monthly environmental tests in the laboratory and in production.
- Conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections and laboratory tests on raw materials, in-process and final products independently, supporting more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
- Ensure compliance programs for all individual testing, which includes monitoring adherence to regulations and other procedural food safety compliance.
- Interpret and document results of tests into active databases and communicate results to internal customers as required.
- Run calibration checks, preventive maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation, maintaining customer specifications books up-to-date.
- Help develop food/feed safety, quality and regulatory culture collaborating cross-functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
- Associates degree (or higher) OR high school diploma (or equivalent) and two or more years of related work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Able and willing to lift up to 30lbs.
- Able and willing to stand for long periods of time and go up and down stairs when needed.
- Able and willing to work on the weekends when needed.
- Laboratory experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Outlook and Teams.
- Experience with SAP software.
- Experience reading and interpreting documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at any one time.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.