Technology Application Lead – Pork
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Technology Application Lead – Pork will manage research and develop excellent criteria as protocols, coordination, timeline respect in trial deliverables and line of site to innovation unit and data. In this role, you will contribute to the delivery of innovation research and projects through supporting researchers with trial execution, protocols and data. You will be accountable for a core area within enabling science or trial application and supporting the innovations centers, in systems and in markets.
- Responsible for planning and quality assurance of trials and keep ongoing and active dialogues with researchers, species unit, lab and feed processing.
- Lead continuous improvement together with trial teams using measurable performance indicators and drive scientific method development in cooperation with researchers.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are followed and updated and trials comply to the safety program and animal care policies and provide coaching to technicians for trial execution.
- Responsible for the setup, monitoring, recording and reporting of trial results with appropriate partners.
- Works with scientists and feed processing technicians to ensure accurate formulation and ingredient procurement.
- Lead core activities for trial or unit excellence in food safety, quality and regulatory and animal welfare, including coordinating resources, updating trial findings and performing statistical analysis.
- Act as customer liaison to identify how market trends affect the business to enable appropriate decision making.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Master’s degree OR two or more years of related work experience.
- Experience with analytical research principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Able and willing to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in statistical analysis.
- Experience with nutrition and feed formulation.
- Experience working on multiple tasks simultaneous.
- Action oriented with emotional intelligence, ambitious, good influencing skills.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.