Senior Poultry Nutritionist (Open to Remote)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Senior Poultry Nutritionist will provide industry expertise to our key internal and external accounts regarding the best nutritional solutions and technology. In this role, you will serve as an industry leading professional enabling the business to enhance its commercial growth potential by leveraging unparalleled technology and groundbreaking solutions to create value added solutions for our key customers and prospects in the United States and Canada.
- Serve as the point of contact for nutrition expertise and use this expertise to influence prospective customers.
- Develop and implement a plan with regional commercial team to partner with key accounts to achieve trusted advisor status and drive value added focus to enable delivery on customer promise.
- Provide expertise to assess new business opportunities and identifying priorities in the innovation pipeline to optimize nutrition solutions and enable the ability to create optimal offers from a nutritional and commercial perspective.
- Perform complex research for product development, partnering with key internal and external suppliers and stakeholders to test new technologies and solutions.
- Prepare project data and conclusions for internal and key customer presentations to make recommendations and product demonstrations.
- Develop training resources to provide guidance to regional and local commercial and technical teams to improve our value creation and sales effectiveness.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
This position will be a remote, home office-based position in the US, preferably with close proximity to an airport
- Doctorate degree (PhD, DVM) in Poultry Nutrition or a related field
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Ability to travel up to 50% throughout the United States and Canada
- On-farm experience in management and production of poultry
- Knowledge of nutritional models
- Public speaking experience
- Passion for understanding, creating, and communicating value and solutions to team members and customers.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.