Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Production Planner will contribute to conducting master planning, material requirements planning and production planning for our team assigned to a group of production locations. We seek a professional who will participate in setting goals and objectives that ensure overall integration of manufacturing and planning policies, processes and programs.
- Participate in analyzing plant capacity and production requisition data to resolve imbalances between manufacturing plans and required resources.
- Maintain data relevant to master production, production scheduling and material requirements planning activities including planning calendars, material data and location data.
- Provide necessary input to supply planner to support integrated business planning.
- Participate in creating and publishing a master production plan, material requirements plan and production schedule to support integrated business plan.
- Provide input to setting master production, production scheduling and material requirements planning metrics targets.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Able and willing to work weekends based on business needs
- Experience with SAP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience plant operations / MES
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.