Poultry Innovation Lead (open to remote)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Poultry Innovation Lead will lead the vision and champion the poultry innovation pipeline and commercialization of customer solutions with technical, marketing and commercial leaders. In this role, you will identify and execute business innovation growth projects and lead, prioritize and report on the innovation portfolio. You will provide industry leading expertise to drive process improvements and the tools and metrics used to support them while coaching and executing business innovation strategies.
- Partner collaboratively with relevant stakeholders to build a poultry innovation pipeline aligned with business growth strategies and report on innovation earnings, supporting business case development and delivery and managing innovation project technical expenses.
- Develop and foster strong customer relationships at key accounts and identify customer needs and market opportunities to facilitate go to market plans with new and existing products and solutions.
- Design and lead research projects and independently execute applications development work, ensuring projects are appropriately resourced and executed.
- Collaborate with global strategic marketing and technology, research and development and in market sales and marketing leaders on customer segmentation and satisfaction to develop insights and identifying and delivering solutions.
- Ensure a safe working environment and compliance of animal welfare and product safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
Location: This will be a remote position, preferably in the Midwest.
- Master's degree or PhD in a field related to animal nutrition or animal science
- Minimum of six years of related Poultry work experience (can include experience gained in academia)
- Research skills
- Customer facing technical service experience
- Practical experience in positioning poultry nutrition and health solutions
- Practical experience in basic animal nutrition, physiology and health expertise
- Project management experience
- PhD in a field related to animal nutrition or animal science
- Possess understanding of North America commercial poultry production
- Experience in leveraging external and internal partners
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.