Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”
Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”
Job ID LEW00096
Date posted 05/05/2020
This Full-time position is located in Lewisburg, Oh; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
This position is responsible for maintaining optimum asset health for all plant equipment, systems, and structures by performing inspections, lubrications, repairs, adjustments and modifications to equipment and structures of the facility. The person in this position will also play an important role in the safety and housekeeping programs for the facility by handling individual assignments and addressing facility near miss/incident conditions and projects. This position is also responsible for coordinating assigned portions of the preventive maintenance program.
- Perform facility, equipment, and electrical (full level 1 electrical qualification list) repairs as directed from the maintenance work orders and maintain spare parts per the location program. This requires the ability to trouble shoot and diagnose complex problems (mechanical and controls). It requires the ability to read and understand equipment/operation manuals and drawings. It also includes the ability to perform cutting and welding and the understanding on how to use basic shop tools. Documentation of repairs will be required per the maintenance program (files and computer records).
- Perform preventive maintenance, lubrications and inspections, per the preventive maintenance schedule and document as directed. This includes identifying repairs needed and submitting work orders to be scheduled.
- Perform assigned maintenance program coordination including computer program and equipment file data upkeep, communicate with maintenance coordinador, recommend repair priorities, and assigned preventive management audit requirements. This includes coordination of outside contractor work and ordering parts within budget. It will include scheduling repairs and may include a lead role for coordinating the tasks of other maintenance team members. It will include a daily maintenance update session with the appropriate plant supervisor.
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by understanding and following safety rules/procedures, identifying and addressing safety near miss conditions, completing required permits, and performing routine safety inspections as directed. It also includes routine housekeeping of assigned areas and cleaning/storing tools after use. It also includes ensuring that outside contractors follow our safety rules while working on our site.
- Conduct daily boiler testing as assigned and schedule/participate in boiler repairs and inspections by outside companies.
- Tasks as assigned—including running equipment, meetings and other tasks.
Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility
Must be able to read/write English.
High School diploma or Equivalent.
Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Ability to work in elevated areas.
Must be able to operate machinery.
Must be able to operate heavy equipment.
Ability to work overtime.
Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
At least 1 year of experience in production related work.
Must be able to perform maintenance trades including: gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, and mechanical maintenance.
- Able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Forklift certified.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to perform maintenance trades including: electrical, machinist, welding, pipe fitting and fabrication, rigging systems, pumps and piping systems and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match