This Full-time position is located in Lewisburg; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provide
This position is responsible for maintaining optimum asset health for all plant equipment, systems, and structures by performing inspections, lubrications, repairs, adjustments and modifications to equipment and structures of the facility. The person in this position will also play an important role in the safety and housekeeping programs for the facility by handling individual assignments and addressing facility near miss/incident conditions and projects. This position is also responsible for coordinating assigned portions of the preventive maintenance program.
Perform facility, equipment, and electrical (full level 1 electrical qualification list) repairs as directed from the maintenance register/work orders and maintain spare parts per the location program. This requires the ability to trouble shoot and diagnose complex problems (mechanical and controls). It requires the ability to read and understand equipment/operation manuals and drawings. It also includes the ability to perform cutting and welding and the understanding on how to use basic shop tools. Documentation of repairs will be required per the maintenance program (files and computer records).
Perform preventive maintenance, lubrications and inspections, per the preventive maintenance schedule and document as directed. This includes identifying repairs needed and submitting work orders to be scheduled.
Perform assigned maintenance program coordination including computer program and equipment file data upkeep, maintenance register management, recommend repair priorities, and assigned preventive management audit requirements. This includes coordination of outside contractor work and ordering parts within budget. It will include scheduling repairs and may include a lead role for coordinating the tasks of other maintenance team members. It will include a daily maintenance update session with the appropriate plant supervisor.
Ensure the safety of yourself and others by understanding and following safety rules/procedures, identifying and addressing safety near miss conditions, completing required permits, and performing routine safety inspections as directed. It also includes routine housekeeping of assigned areas and cleaning/storing tools after use. It also includes ensuring that outside contractors follow our safety rules while working on our site.
Conduct daily boiler testing as assigned and schedule/participate in boiler repairs and inspections by outside companies.
Tasks as assigned—including running equipment, meetings and other tasks.
• Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
• Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
• Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
• Ability to work in elevated areas.
• Must be able to operate machinery.
• Must be able to read/write English.
• High School diploma or Equivalent.
• Ability to work overtime.
• Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
• Must be able to perform maintenance trades including welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication; gearbox and bearing, lubrication, and mechanical maintenance.
• Forklift certified.
• Basic computer skills.
• Prior experience in a production related work.
• Able to perform maintenance trades including electrical, pumps and piping systems and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.