Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Laboratory Technician will complete routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. We are looking for a hardworking person who will perform routine analysis of product testing, being responsible for checking and monitoring instrumentation performance and conducting tests for which we are going to provide intermediate supervision. In this role, you will document results into databases and/or communication test results.
- Conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections and laboratory tests on raw materials, in-process and final products independently, supporting more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
- Ensure compliance programs for all individual testing, which includes monitoring adherence to regulations and other procedural food safety compliance.
- Interpret and document results of tests into active databases and communicate results to internal customers as required.
- Run calibration checks, preventive maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation, maintaining customer specifications books up-to-date.
- Help develop food/feed safety, quality and regulatory culture collaborating cross-functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Strong computer program professional knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.