Bulk Unload Technician
Cargill, together with farmers, customers, governments, and communities, help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones - every day. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you.
The Bulk Unload Tech position is responsible for unloading and loading bulk trailers following quality assurance guidelines, standard operating procedures and safety programs.
- Drive Yard dog and move semi-trailers as needed. CDL is not required
- Inventory bulk ingredients
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times
- Work in a safe and efficient manner according to company rules and regulations
- Maintain a clean work area including all equipment. Inventory bulk ingredients inspect and clean bins as needed, sample loads per the company’s standard operating procedures guidelines.
- Unload and load liquid and dry products into proper bins or trailers.
- Perform inspections of equipment and trailers. Move loaded and empty trailers to designated areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Experience in operating yard dogs and moving semi-trailers
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills
- Forklift certified
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Able to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Prior experience in production related work
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.