Dairy Sales Intern 2021
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 16 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce.
Dairy Sales Internship:
Cargill Animal Nutrition provides customized animal productivity solutions to commercial producers across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Rather than focusing on standardized nutrition products, we create customized ingredient blends and management programs to fit each situation. Our research-proven management and nutrition technologies suit the specific needs of our diverse array of customers. And our animal nutrition and management experts offer the scope and creativity to serve the unique needs of each customer.
Our internship program enables you to learn more about Cargill Animal Nutrition and career opportunities for Consultants. Challenging projects, along with the chance to interact with Cargill employees and business partners, make this a valuable work experience. Cargill Dairy Consultants are responsible for selling the line of products, interacting with clients and prospective customers, helping them understand how Cargill can provide solutions for them and improve their profitability.
Throughout your summer with us, you will be given extensive and on-going training in the areas of nutrition, animal husbandry and sales. You will be using the latest computer technology and maintaining a computerized client data base. You will be involved in specific market based projects designed to help support on farm monitoring of production performance.
- Summer project
- Shadowing or participating in ride-a longs with consultants
- Exposure to functional parts of business
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to co-ops who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are at least 16 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered a full-time position for the following year.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Animal Science, Ag Business, or related Agricultural degree graduating between December 2021 and May 2023.
- Able to complete a 16-week internship May - August 2021
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- A valid Canadian driver's license and clean driving record
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the Canada.
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Experience working within the dairy industry
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers. Learn more at http://www.cargill.com/.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.