Cargill is a trusted salt supplier to a wide variety of industries; our portfolio includes food processing salts, sodium reduction solutions, salt for water softeners and swimming pools, bulk and packaged ice melters, industrial salts, and salt for animal feeding. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe! We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Shift(s) Available: 1st
Compensation: $21.87/hr plus shift differential
Sign-On Bonus: $1500
A Typical Work Day May Include:
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Documenting all completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various components, and systems including packaging equipment, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, screw, belt and roller conveyors, pumps, gear reducers, and bearings
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, pneumatic tools, electric tools, etc.
- Comprehending mechanical/electrical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Operating a forklift
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs., kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- High school diploma/GED or a minimum of two years equivalent work experience
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining various components and systems including packaging equipment and/or hydraulic & pneumatic systems and/or screw, belt and roller conveyors and/or pumps, gear reducers, and bearings
- Ability to work underground in a mining environment
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Technician (CMRT) or willing to acquire certification
- Predictive Maintenance and/or Precision Maintenance Certifications
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.