Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Merchant II will contribute to handling a supplier base and fulfill transactions delivering commodities that meet production requirements and specifications in terms of timing, volume, quantity and cost. We seek a professional who will help buy and sell commodities from/to country elevators, producers, feed mills and processors.
• Collaborate with transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to ensure efficient execution.
• Plan purchases and transportation to maximize profitable use of stock and storage facilities.
• Enter routine data and run specialty reports from our contract management databases and systems.
• Research and analyze various freight opportunities in the marketplace to maximize margin.
• Work directly with customers, suppliers and business counterparts to meet their needs in solving routine problems, and addressing complaints and concerns.
• You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
• Other duties as assigned
•Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
•Minimum of two years of related work experience
•Other minimum qualifications may apply
•Trade grain experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.