Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Market Analyst will make recommendations for commodity services advisors and managers by reviewing market trends using technical and fundamental analysis, interpreting data from agricultural regulatory agencies and news sources and seeking out and leveraging company industry experts to formulate opinions and explanations of the market direction of agricultural commodities. In this role, you will be communicating with commodity teams using both written and verbal communication on a weekly basis and you will recommend cash sales as well as futures and options strategies and provide technical and fundamental advice, hedging theory and trading strategies.
- Develop and communicate to the team market reports with recommendations for customer commodities marketing strategies.
- Partner with the commodity teams to use best practices and increase knowledge in utilizing company commodity marketing programs.
- Create and maintain complex spreadsheets, presentations and document templates.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the customer facing sales team to increase the overall commodity marketing knowledge of our team and help direct the strategic account representatives use of the customer relations management system and cash commodity marketing solutions.
- Develop customer commodity marketing reports, daily commentaries, video podcasts and market flashes.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related grain trading experience.
- Experience using advanced spreadsheet functions and experience with other office applications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the complex subject matter in a simplified manner to customers with the ability to explain recommendations
- Experience analyzing futures, options, and markets
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Knowledge of the sales process or methodology
- Consulting experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.