Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Mechanical Engineer will coordinate the repair and maintenance of machinery, vehicles and equipment. We seek a professional who will focus on tactical and operational activities and align and implement reliability practices and programs. In this role, you will lead all aspects of maintenance, repair and project planning and stay up-to-date with industry best practices.
- Operate, monitor and maintain machines and production equipment.
- Develop and implement production schedules to use labor, tools, plant and equipment effectively.
- Undertake production activities to transform tangible and intangible inputs into finished products.
- Plan, run and review production operations to achieve output and quality objectives.
- Plan and prioritize work orders, scheduling overall repair and maintenance to minimize production downtime and disruptions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience supporting audit compliance and root/cause analysis processes
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
Engineering Degree (B.Sc. or higher) plus minimal (3 years) Silo experience.
Good knowledge of Maintenance process and activities for Silos.
Advanced computer skills (AutoCad, 1C, etc.).
Extensive knowledge of Maintenance Management System.
Minimum 5 years maintenance experience.
Intermediate verbal and written English.
Understanding operating context of site assets / process systems.
Working and practical knowledge applicable PdM technologies such as: Vibration Analysis, Oil Analysis, Infra Red, Ultra Sound, and Motor Circuit Evaluation.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/