Packaging Material Development Engineer
As Packaging Development Engineer, you'll play a fundamental role in the development and design of new, improved packaging materials and contribute to a deeper understanding of our Brand vision / strategy across various packaging formats available.
This position will be responsible for the identification, exploration and deployment of packaging innovations / solution for GEOS India. This implies new or modified materials, decoration and printing methods, Packaging development and design, packaging systems and related technologies.
• In collaboration with suppliers, marketing and operation to propose & implement technical solutions that meet requirements & bring cost saving solutions
• Translate customer needs into innovative solutions. Assess potential value creation and optimization generated from innovation discoveries to provide differentiation and increasing overall value propositions with customers
• Provide technical support to the plant(s) on packaging material related matters to make the deployment of packaging innovation smooth, efficient and cost effective
• Provide pipeline of potential projects, where new packaging helps to reduce our cost and/or strengthen our position in the market as preferred partner
• Assists in development of standardized test procedures, policies & standards. Assures compliance with regulatory packaging requirements
• Preparation, development and control of rigid packaging material specifications
• Ensure full compliance with change management requirement for packaging material
• Bench marking of Competitors to keep abreast with the new trends
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• B.Sc in science/food technology or BE in engineering
• Post Graduate in Packaging Technology from Indian Institute of Packaging / SIES
• Strong communication skills and proven ability to work as part of an effective team
• Basic project management skills / experience in handling project independently from ideation to implementation
• Working knowledge on various packaging formats – rigids / flexible / corrugated box
• Flexibility in work style to be able to manage several projects simultaneously
• Working experience with operations / SCM
• Working knowledge with Auto CAD & or Solid Works design software
• Working knowledge on mould development
• 5-6 years of working experience in Packaging Development in food / similar industry
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.