Supplier Quality Management (SQM) Specialist
Job Purpose and Impact
The Supplier Quality Management(SQM) Specialist will perform product safety risk management activities for materials, suppliers, external manufacturing facilities and other services relevant to the safe production of products. In this role, you will collaborate with multiple departments to ensure vendor evaluations and risk assessment are properly completed to identify risk and appropriate due diligence is given to mitigate risks related to vendors and materials. You will partner with vendors to ensure materials, supplier sources and external manufacturer's products comply with minimum product safety, quality and regulatory standards and assess preventative controls to ensure material and supplier risk evaluations meets Cargill requirements.
The role will be based at the plant location in Tuas (west of Singapore).
• Perform ongoing relationship management activities, such as meeting key performance indicators, Working with business partner in supplier performance scorecard and ensuring business partner update the SCAR and VCS performance reporting , trending claims and supplier complaints and material, supplier and external manufacture maintenance activities on required documentation and information for SQM space on timely basic.
• Partnering with business in supporting investigation related to supplier complaint (SCAR) incidents, supporting in business in supplier SCAR complaints to provide support in one or more domain areas of knowledge and conduct root cause analysis on key incidents.
• Key responsibility to lead and work with counterpart in whole audit management, audit suppliers, external manufacturers, other service provider audit. Coordinate supplier audit CAPA management to ensure supplier audit corrective actions or follow up on audit findings are completed within the required timeframe and meet requirements, and update in supplier database system.
• Supporting business in internal product safety audits, external audit such as Cargill facility certification audit, customer audit and company facility evaluations within a defined category related to supplier quality management space.
• Coordinate and work collaboratively with business partner in supplier and external manufacturer and material risk assessment process to ensure the use of approved vendors who have met the company's requirements and have completed the required product safety improvements, and update in supplier database system.
• Support new location and material setup along with completed supplier and material qualifications in the defined supplier database.
• Manage supplier database system, monitoring supplier & material information and ensuring the SQM information keep up to date
• Working collaboratively with SQM counterpart in supplier Development initiatives & training to improve supplier maturity and capabilities
• Develop and deliver product supplier quality management training to key stakeholders and supporting in generate key information for troubleshooting and stakeholder knowledge sharing and training for SQM space.
• Partnering with business partner in supporting supplier quality management continuous improvement project to drive the Cost of non-conformance (CONC) reduction.
• Lead and coordinate with business partner in the supplier performance dashboard updates to business partner
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Experience in product safety, quality and supplier auditing management, material & supplier risk assessment, CAPA management and crisis management related to Food Safety & Quality and Regulatory
• Minimum of two five years of supplier quality management experience and supplier audit experience or related work experience in FMCG industries or auditing firm, or any relevant industries.
• Certified lead auditor in latest standard either ISO 9001 or FSSC 22000
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
• Knowledge of product safety management systems with the ability to objectively evaluate product safety systems and report findings in an organized manner
• Knowledge establishing material and vendor risk and ensuring appropriate mitigation is defined
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.