Soft Oil Merchant
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Soft Oil Merchant will contribute to handling a supplier base and fulfill transactions delivering commodities that meet production requirements and specifications in terms of timing, volume, quantity and cost. We seek a professional who will help buy and sell commodities from/to country elevators, producers, feed mills and processors.
- Collaborate with transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to ensure efficient execution.
- Plan purchases and transportation to maximize profitable use of stock and storage facilities.
- Enter routine data and run specialty reports from our contract management databases and systems.
- Research and analyze various freight opportunities in the marketplace to maximize margin.
- Work directly with customers, suppliers and business counterparts to meet their needs in solving routine problems, and addressing complaints and concerns.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience in Merchandizing
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.