Position Purpose & Summary
The Data Engineer within the regional delivery portfolio will work closely with business partners, Global IT, CBS and 3rd party partners to enable the delivery of process, data, and technology solutions. You will work with the entire Global IT delivery eco-system to understand data, business requirements, create designs, and test solutions to ensure they meet business needs.
As a skilled professional in data and reporting, systems & process design, you will provide solid data and reporting design, system designs, and quality solutions to solve various business requirements. You will expertly manage low to medium rigor projects or work streams throughout the entire project lifecycle and use strong communication skills to deliver effective presentations of the solution detailing data, process, and system design to audiences of all sizes.
To be successful you will leverage common solutions and processes by following Global IT design to deliver solutions and gain knowledge of the solution(s) and business processes for an assigned Regional Delivery Portfolio of either:
- Operations Supply Chain (OSC)
- Functions / Customer Facing
You will have the ability to design solutions by mapping customer business problems and data to reusable end-to-end business application solutions, engage in business decision discussions related to agility, business value, data, and business processes.
You are an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, has demonstrated competence in expectation management, and a passion for the business through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the business experience.
This position is expected follow the Cargill Project Delivery Process and Requirements Analysis and Solution Design process framework.
50% Analysis & Requirements Gathering
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Elicit functional and non-functional (performance, availability, security, accessibility, cross-browser compliance, data) requirements using a methodology most appropriate for the context of each project, such as Joint Requirements Planning (JRP), Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, data requirements, Screen, and Interface Designs.
- Facilitate requirements discussions with key stakeholders
- Communicate and clarify the requirements to the design and development resources. Assist in translating business requirements into functional design specifications
- Clarify and improve the business processes and data impacted by the technology changes that are part of assigned projects.
- Participate in the evaluation of system changes for downstream system and/or organizational impacts
- Plan for acceptance of solution (change management, communication, training needs)
- Provide subject matter expertise in assigned business process areas
20% Solution Design
- Create solution designs across process, data, and technology that meet business requirements and adhere to relevant standards and principles, leverage common tools and processes, and meet cost/delivery objectives.
- Consider in the design, the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Perform reviews with key stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure alignment on solution designs and requirements. This may include but is not limited to the following activities: design reviews, testing execution, data validation, deployment verifications, customer satisfaction reviews, etc.
- Create supporting solution design documentation to ensure sustainment of the solution and business capability, support solution implementation as necessary.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Participate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business, technology teams and support teams.
- Actively participate in discussions on solution options and business partner decision making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target architecture
15% Business Partnership
- Work with businesses to identify and confirm connections between business goals, strategies,process, data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Engage with and influence business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with technology teams, functional counterparts, vendors and business partners.
- Effectively engage stakeholders in change management activities
15% Project Delivery Responsibilities
- Manage workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones
- Provides input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills
- Ensure traceability from business requirements through application testing and work with offshore development and QA teams clarifying requirements.
- Deliver presentations and training of solutions to stakeholders and end users
- Holds project team resources accountable to their deliverables and ensures project execution.
- Prepare high and detailed level estimations of effort in order to achieve a preferred solution.
- Provide guidance and oversight during requirements, design, build, and test phases.
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience
- 3 years experience in diverse operational, development and/or business roles
- 3 years experience collaborating with project teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- 3 years experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- 1 – 3 years experience with GitHub, TSVS, AzureDepOps and other repository systems
- 1 – 3 years working experience with Hadoop or other Big Data platform and building solutions that deliver value through leveraging data as an asset
- 1 ++ years experience with Agile methodology.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- 3 years experience across various businesses and project types (including custom software development, COTS and SAAS implementation, O&M support).
- 2 years experience in Use Case diagramming, Business Process Modeling (BPM) and User Stories development
- Experience working in a business role including mergers and acquisitions
- Experience with in-house developed and package implementations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Change Management, industry certification (e.g ITIL, six sigma etc)
- Knowledge of data access framework, data processing pipeline tools , and or other ETL knowledge.
- Applied Experience with numerical algorithms, data structures and statistics
- Applied Experience with Visualisation tools like Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Applied Experience with Cloud platform including AWS and/or Azure.
Other relevant information to the position
- Success Attributes
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical and business information effectively to both technical and non-technical people.
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Demonstrated ability in identifying and developing strategies to address change management issues
- Business fluency in English
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.