Site Transformation Lead
This role reports directly to Managing Director - CTP and will work closely with COO, General Managers, Director Of Milling and EHS Leads to drive the “Achieve Zero Transformation Strategy 2.0” deployment at each location. This role will be a coach and a change agent to the operations and EHS key stakeholders at site, to ensure that all key and high risk activities on the ground are being executed safely & productively. The incumbent is also responsible to improve the safely leadership of site management team (General Manager, Estate Management and Mill Management teams).
Lead the implementation of Achieve Zero 2.0* program
- Governor of Achieve Zero 2.0 program at the location, and ensure all components of programs are executed as per plan
- Plan and ensure resources are in place to execute the plan
- Engage and manage all key stakeholders (GMs, CEMs, CEs, EHS lead, HR managers) to ensure everyone is aware of their responsibilities and execute as per plan with their team members
Improve Hazard Recognition Skill, Safety Leadership and Safe Decision Making
- In partnership with EHS leads, implement Hazard recognition improvement program & tools for Operations team to improve their ability to recognize hazards and provide proper defense layer to eliminate/minimize those potential hazards in their work locations. Provide the right calibration on safety practices from “first world” less, challenging the status quo or industrial views.
- Systematically engage and set up brainstorming sessions with GMs and Site Management teams to strengthen their hazard recognition skills (black, white vs grey zones)
- Coaching Site Management teams on their safety leadership and safety management skills and capabilities
- Coaching Site Management teams on their decision making process to ensure safety is never compromised, and right/healthy balance is achieved with productivity and other priorities.
Implementation of overall EHS Strategy
- Provide tactical advice to ensure deep understanding and achieve support of the approved Health and Safety strategy from internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Guide the development of programs and processes involving significant interpretation and variation to execute Health and Safety strategy in a manner appropriate to the technology, scope and maturity of the plantation.
- Identify and recommend changes to support continuous improvement of highly complex Health and Safety programs and processes
- Coach and support Site Leadership team and EHS lead to build effective monitoring system and following up on compliance
Shape Internal Health and Safety Culture
- Coach and engage with Site Leadership team on safety accountability (provide clarity), effective communication with various layers within the organization all the way down to front line (why), deep involvement in safety programs (what and how), verification of effectiveness of implementation of safety programs within the day to day activities, understanding risks that exist and what controls are in place to mitigate those risks, and build habits, behaviors and systems within the organization to ensure it can fail safely each and every time
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Agronomy/Engineering/Science or Safety and a good familiarity with OSHA Safety Standards.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a large or complex manufacturing facilities (preferably over 500 workforce), or experienced in managing multiple facilities (with over 500 workforce). Plantation experience is preferred but not essential.
- Solid understanding of Basic Safety requirements and policies
- Familiar with safety audits, OSHA standards and has worked in multinational companies will be an added advantage
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.