Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
LOCATION: Kaposvár CAN, Kaposvár CASC, Pápa
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist is a subject matter authority that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations. In this role, you will lead, at low-to-medium complex facility, or help lead, at high complex facility, the implementation, execution and maintenance of the environmental, health and safety and process safety management systems. You will be responsible for in-depth understanding and application of safe, compliant operational practices and demonstrate compliance with company policy, work processes, programs and standards.
- Support the plant manager in facilitating the community and governmental interaction and the external reputation.
- Support contractor environmental, health and safety requirements during construction phase and help test and evaluate environmental, health and safety performance according to design during project startup phase.
- Partner with regional domain and country environmental, health and safety to support management of site impact assessments, operating permits and construction permits.
- Support suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjusting curriculum to reflect site specific needs and deliver training.
- Partner with key site or project leaders to integrate and operationalize environmental, health and safety programs and drive culture of safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Understand, localize and integrate company and legally required work processes, programs and controls into site level operating procedures, tools, and work instructions to standardize front line processes and monitor, analyze and adjust for improved performance.
- Identify contractor support and talent needs and oversee onsite contractor activity and understand local risks applicable to contractor and external service providers, implement, monitor and evaluate approved processes to control local environmental, health and safety risks with contractors
- Ensure strong alignment of goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets and govern site performance targets together with plant and site leadership team and consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety and process safety compliance.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Conduct incident investigations, identify and analyze root causes to develop effective corrective and preventive measures;
- Overview and facilitate corporate reporting at site level;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel requirements between the sites
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience within EHS field
- Risk assessment capabilities
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Fluent in English and in local language.
- Native Hungarian
- Driving license, B category.
- Confirmed ability to deliver processes effectively to optimize business resources
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
- Solid working knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
- Basic business acumen and the ability to partner and communicate effectively with business counterparts
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more: https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.